Skip to main content

Review: World After by Susan Ee


Title: World After
Series: Penryn & the End of Days #2
Author: Susan Ee
Genre: YA Apocalyptic
Goodreads Rating: 4.29 
Pages: 438
Published: November 21st 2013 by Hodder & Stoughton
 
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
 
 

In A Nut Shell
This sequel was AMAZING I couldn't put it down. I have nothing bad to say about this book. If you are worried about this book not being as good as the first one do not worry! I was blown away by all the dark twists and turns this book took. Penryn Steps up her game and some how becomes even more fierce in this book. We get to learn more about Raffe's history as well as other characters> No rock is left uncovered in this sequel and it is so refreshing. The questions we had at the end of Angelfall were answered, and Ee gave us more questions to ponder over while waiting for the next and final book. I am beyond shocked with how creative Susan Ee is and what a page turner this book was for me.

 
 
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?
 
I cannot get over how blown away I am by this series. Like I have said before this book is so dark and I don't normally enjoy these types of books but Susan Ee does not give you a choice she MAKES you become intrigued by this world. There were so many questions answered in this book and I felt like every unanswered question was answered which I was Beyond happy about. I hate when there are unanswered questions in the first book, and the answers are not answered until the LAST book. Which sometimes makes the last book too overwhelming. Ee did a fantastic job with answering our questions and then giving us more to ponder about. Am I the only one that appreciates when authors do that? I feel like we get a better understanding of Raffe and his way of life. We also get to see more of the other angles and understand their thoughts and belief system. This book was just so fantastic I cannot help but gush over it!!!!! I am beyond ready for the next and final book!
 
So tell me, did ya'll love think this book was as good as the first? How about how she answered most of the questions we all had at the end of Angelfall in World After instead of waiting till the last book to answer all the questions at once? Share all your thoughts in the comments below =)
Happy reading ya'll
Ashley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Review: Becoming Alpha by Aileen Erin

Title: Becoming Alpha  Author: Aileen Erin  Genre: Paranormal Fantasy  Pages: 267 Goodreads Overall Rating: 4.11 Published:  December 17th, 2013 by Ink Monster, LLC   My Rating:  I can’t do that. I can’t turn my emotions off and on like that. I’m either all in or all out. And if you can’t do that—if I don’t come first, then for God’s sake, leave me alone. Becoming Alpha is the true definition of YA paranormal fantasy and I devoured it. Erin took troupes that are known in YA and ran with them in fun, plausible, and exciting ways while taking her own spin on them. I sped through this book and right after I downloaded the next book in the series because I couldn't wait for the two-day shipping of the physical book.  At the beginning of the book, we meet our main character Tessa and her family. Tessa has an unusual gift and it has marked her as the odd girl out at and causing her to feel isolated. With her family wanting to give her a sense o