Skip to main content

Top 14 of 2014

Well another year has come and gone and it is time to share my favorite reads of the year. Some of these books were released in 2014 and others were books that were released years ago, but I am did not read these gems till now. So without farther delay here is the list.....and I think it goes without saying but I will say it anyway I HIGHLY recommend all of these fantastic books! contemporaries

Contemporary



such a sweet and relatable book!
 
This series is AMAZING I flew through it which is saying a lot since I do not typically like contemporary. This is a MUST read by the pool or beach!
 
 
Dystopian-Post-Apocalyptic & Most Surprising Favorite  


I have said before, this book is very dark and the type of book I usually do not enjoy, but I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!! The writing, plot, characters, EVERYTHING sucks you in and leaves you know choice but to love this book.
 
Paranormal
 
So freaking wonderful and original. I devoured this book!
 
I know I did not do reviews on the bloodline series, but that is because I didn't give myself time to. As soon as I finished one I grabbed the next. I did NOTHING for a week because all I did was read these books! This is for sure one of the BEST series I have ever read. If I had to pick just one of these books to be my favorite it would be Silver Shadows.
 
Ya'll already know my love for this book.
 
One of the funniest books I have read in a long time. Everything about this book was fun and exciting. A great pick me up book for those grumpy days.
 
 
Science-fiction
 
I loved Scarlet and thought it was a great sequel.
 
This series just gets better and better
 
This is the sequel to Let the Sky Fall and it was FANTASTIC! I feel like this series is way underrated and more people need to read it.
 
This was such a fun read and I am beyond happy I jumped on the Alienated bandwagon!
 
Fantasy
 
Sarah J. Maas has easily made my automatic buy authors list. If you have not started this series DO IT NOW!!! There is going to be a lot of books in this series, and you should not make yourself wait that long to read it. You are cheating yourself my friends.
 
I was shocked with how amazing this book was! The world building was not over done or too complex. I loved the creativity and plot.
 
Hands down the best fantasy I read this year and it was a debut book!!! Cannot wait to see what this author has in store for this series.
 
Well there are my top 14 of 2014. What books did you love the most this year? Share your thoughts down below. I am wishing you guys a happy New Year's eve. I hope the new year brings you joy, happiness, blessings, and lots of great books!
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Review: Becoming Alpha by Aileen Erin

Title: Becoming Alpha  Author: Aileen Erin  Genre: Paranormal Fantasy  Pages: 267 Goodreads Overall Rating: 4.11 Published:  December 17th, 2013 by Ink Monster, LLC   My Rating:  I can’t do that. I can’t turn my emotions off and on like that. I’m either all in or all out. And if you can’t do that—if I don’t come first, then for God’s sake, leave me alone. Becoming Alpha is the true definition of YA paranormal fantasy and I devoured it. Erin took troupes that are known in YA and ran with them in fun, plausible, and exciting ways while taking her own spin on them. I sped through this book and right after I downloaded the next book in the series because I couldn't wait for the two-day shipping of the physical book.  At the beginning of the book, we meet our main character Tessa and her family. Tessa has an unusual gift and it has marked her as the odd girl out at and causing her to feel isolated. With her family wanting to give her a sense o