Skip to main content

Review: Angelfall

                                                                           Title: Angelfall
Series: Book #1 in Penryn & the End of Days Trilogy
Overall Rating on Goodreads: 4.22
Published: May 21st 2011 by Feral Dream
Pages: 283 Pages
Favorite Quote: “Sometimes, as we're stumbling along in the dark, we hit something good.”
My Rating: 5/5 Stars!!!!!!
 
In A Nutshell 
This book was an epic adventure with dark and gory details that left me breathless and anxious to see how the story played out. I read the audio book and it was AMAZING. The narrator did a fantastic job and made me really feel like I was in the middle of all the action. I will warn you this book is not cupcakes and rainbows, but its a story that you wont easily forget, will make you appreciate every happy moment you get to read about, and it will become a new favorite. This book forces you to love it with the beautiful writing, unique and creative twist on the Apocalypse. I HIGHLY recommend it even if darker themed books are not your usual style. If you don't read this book you are going to miss out on a great experience!  
 
 
"It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again."
 
I was afraid of this book, yes it had amazing reviews and one of the highest goodreads rating I have ever seen but still it sounded so dark and gloomy. And it was dark and gloomy that isn't usually my style, but I feel like this book is so beautifully written with so many twist and turns it forces you to love it. I was shocked by the twists on the Apocalypse this is not what I learned growing up in church, and it left me terrified. I wont lie there were some parts that had me freaked out so much that I didn't want to be left alone. This was dark and to me realistic but it still had me swooning at moments. The romance takes a backset in this book, but it makes you appreciate every last drop of romance you get. Susan Ee did a great job with keeping the mood dark and terrifying but gave still gave the character and readers hope. I loved this book and cannot believe that I wanted so long to read it, but it was a great way to end the year! I do recommend the audio book, this one is one that I feel like everyone would love. The narrator makes you feel all the emotions. It is probably one of the best audio books I have ever listened to.
 
What did you think of Angelfall? Oh and do you guys like the "In a nutshell" part? I thought maybe it would be nice for maybe the readers who want to read my thoughts but are in a hurry.
I hope you guys are having an amazing day!
Happy reading yall
Ashley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run