Skip to main content

Book Review: Shadow Kiss By: Richelle Mead


Series: Vampire Academy book #3
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.43
Published: November 13th 2008 by: Razorbill
Pages: 443
Favorite Quote: “Throughout history, people with new ideas—who think differently and try to change things—have always been called troublemakers.”
 
It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.
So I have to be honest here, I am a HUGE baby. Yup I get freak out extremely easy and will stay up late freaking out with ever noise that I hear. Yes I am a grown married woman with two dogs that would attack anything they thought would hurt me, but still I am the biggest baby you could imagine and I freak myself out all the time. With that being sad said, when I first started reading this book I freaked myself out big time. Rose is seeing ghost or at least thinks she is.. maybe she is going crazy? She goes through such a dark time in this book you cant help but feel sorry for her. Not gonna lie there were some parts I had to put the book down and walk away because I was freaking out a little bit. For you guys who have read this book you are probably laughing, but I am telling you I am a scardy cat. I had to get that confession off my chest now on to the actual review.
Yes at first I was intrigued by the fact that Rose may or may not be going crazy from everything that she has been through, but after that element wore off I felt the book was kinda slow in the middle. I hate to say that because I do like this book, but it was sadly one that at times was super fast paced, but then other times I had to push myself to get through.
Once I got over the slow part it picked right back up and boy were there some twist and turns. Lissa is trying to control her magic even more oh and Victor is back in the picture with news that Rose desperately needs. Victor may be the only person that can help Rose, and speaking of Rose boy does she have a lot of drama on her plate. She just wants to graduate and be Lissa's guardian. Her final days of school are starting with exciting challenges that will indicate if she passes or fails becoming a guardian. When she is suppose to be showing her teachers everything she can do, her "issues" are messing her up. I couldn't help but at times connect Rose to Mara Dyer if you have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer you know that you couldn't tell if she was actually seeing things or slowly unraveling this is how I felt about Rose at times.
 Who can Rose tell that she is seeing ghosts and not just any ghost she starts seeing Mason, and Mason keeps acting like he wants to talk to her but he cant. Mason's has the worse timing when it comes to showing up, and causes Rose to struggle with keeping this issue a secret. And if Mason is coming back from the dead to tell her something what could be so important? Is he blaming her for his death and now haunting her, or is he trying to warn her of something? Can she tell anyone or will they write it off as traumatic stress and hold her back from becoming a guardian? Then there is the one person she wants but cant have, Dimitri. Of course we have to have the love tug-a-war with Rose and Dimitri because lets be honest, it really isn't a Vampire Academy book if we don't get some R&D time. Then there is Adrian who we get to see a little more of. We see from the start that he has a thing for Rose, but who doesn't?
 This is one of those books that so much happens near the end that you start to look at how many pages are left and panic, because you know there isn't enough pages left. You start preparing yourself for a huge cliffhanger and answers left un said. Even with preparing myself my jaw hit the floor and I was not prepared at all. I have never read a book that had such a ending like this one. I couldn't do anything until I got the next book. Shadow Kiss gives you no option of stopping the series at this point. I advice waking up extremely early to read this book, because once you finish it you wont go to bed till you have at least got a couple of chapters into the next book. You have been warned. The emotional roller coaster you will go through in this book will be like nothing you have read before. Let me know your thoughts on Shadow Kissed. Are there any other scardy cats out there or is it just me? Did you enjoy Shadow Kissed as much as the first two? Happy reading ya'll!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run