Skip to main content

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters.
This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easily be tailored to your needs such as if your school has a dress code. My high school was pretty hard core on dress codes so I tried to remember their rules while I was looking for outfits.
Annabeth
When I saw this picture I thought of a story line to go with this outfit. I thought of Annabeth at one of her schools she had to go to while waiting on longing the day she would get to go to camp Halfblood. While she is in the "real" world she cant exactly go around telling people her mother is the god Athena. So to still feel connected to her mother she wears owl jewelry to symbolize her mother. A cozy sweater and comfy shoes fit Annabeth's style. Plus the sneakers are something she can run in if she finds herself in trouble...which is often thanks to being a halfblood.
Simple and cute. I could imagine this as an outfit Annabeth would pick to wear out on a date with
Percy. Maybe wear the blue purse because she knows blue is Percy's favorite color <3

Percy
I'm not sure if Percy would be stylish enough to pick an outfit like this, but it is awesome! I think we all swoon over Percy and imagine him a very attractive dark head model. This outfit is sexy Percy worthy. Of course you cant forget his handy pen!
I had to pick some girl outfits that are Percy inspired. I love this outfit because it's simple. The anchor is perfect to represent Percy's water element. It's almost an end to summer so you can probably find a loose thin long sleeve shirt or short sleeve t-shirt with an anchor on it for cheep on a summer ending sale. It would still be cute with jeans, but also red jeans will probably be on sale because it is a "summer" red and not more of a fall/winter burgundy. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find a pen necklace, but etsy has everything!
It may be the pearls that got me (a southern girl loves her pearls) but I love this outfit so much! It's so simple, but I can see the Percy Jackson inspiration easily in this picture without it being too in your face. Blue striped hoodies are easily to find if you don't already have one. The hat I know most schools wouldn't let you wear so this could be a fun accessory to wear outside of school or on the weekends.
Thalia



Dark jeans, a dark tank, and a leather jacket and you have yourself a Thalia inspired outfit! This is such a easy chic outfit that is easy to pull together.

Artemis

Now I am from the south so plaid is a must. Is it from you're from too?
Get a woodsy color tank top, put a plaid long-sleeved shirt on, and add the hiking boots and you're ready for school....or a hike.
I'm not exactly sure why this is considered an Apollo outfit besides the ring, but it is super cute!

The Last Olympian

Now at my school you had to have sleeves on your shirt, but this shirt could be substituted with a long sleeve black shirt that had embellishments similar to this one.


If you guys liked this post please let me know in the comments and I will make similar posts. If you have a book you would like me to use as inspiration just leave it in a comment =) *ALSO DONT FORGET MY GIVEAWAY OF SILVER SHADOWS BY RICHELLE MEAD THAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW*

Comments

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hauteher fashion tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job.
    https://ello.co/learable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run